What is the RFQ & Sales Process? – “How We Do It”
1. Request For Quote: metalmen receives your RFQ via email or phone call.
Questions or Clarifications are answered and discussed.
- Non-Standard Materials
- Dimensions: Part Size or Minimum Width
- Unusual Specs or Physical Properties
- Other Background Information
Our staff is trained to ask pointed questions in order for us to determine a way forward, toward the goal of providing an offer, and getting you the material you need. Please note that not every RFQ is a good fit for our market position. Please allow us to review your request to determine if metalmen can serve you.
2. Sourcing & Processing: We then do our work of determining what it’ll take to answer your RFQ.
- Is the material in our warehouse?
- Do we need to source your material via?
- Depot Stock
- Other Warehouse Stock
• Do we need to process your order?
- Saw Cutting
- Plasma, Laser or Waterjet Cutting
This can take 1 hour, or depending on how complicated the RFQ is, it could take days.
3. E-Quote: metalmen documents with an easy-to-read e-quote to your inbox.
The e-quote will state:
- Alloy, Temper, Spec, Dimensions, Tolerances, Schedule, FOB point, etc.
All critical details are stated in plain language. This represents our commitment to you. We then both have an e-quote organized by date.
To place an order:
- Call in or email and refer to your e-quote date
- State the name of your company and the salesperson you worked with.
- Our staff will walk you through order entry.
5. Payment: We’re happy to take credit cards on the phone.
6. Shipping: Please provide your shipping preference, like UPS account number, or preferred carrier.
7. Terms: If you request terms, we’ll need three trade references, and banking info. This often takes a day or so, depending on response time of the firms you provide.
8. Certification: metalmen provides certification for all of our material.
9. Order Completion: We then process your order and ship according to the schedule stated in the quote. We’re obsessive about on-time delivery and customer service.